Abby Elliott Breaks Down Her Famous Family's Deep “SNL” Ties, Which Includes Chris Elliott and Steve Higgins: 'It's Wild'

Abby Elliott Breaks Down Her Famous Family's Deep "SNL" Ties, Which Includes Chris Elliott and Steve Higgins: 'It's Wild'

Vince Flores/Variety via Getty; Cindy Ord/Getty; Arturo Holmes/Getty Abby Elliott opened up about how both her father, Chris Elliott, and uncle, Steve Higgins, worked onSaturday Night Liveon the latest episode of SiriusXM'sThe Julia Cunningham Show The Bearstar, whose cousin John Higgins is currently a part ofSNL's Please Don't Destroy comedy trio, was a cast member on the NBC sketch series from 2008 to 2012 "I mean, it's wild," Abby said Abby Elliotthas close family connections toSaturday Night Live. While appearing on the latest episode of SiriusXM'sThe Julia Cunningham Show,The Bearstar, 38, revealed that both her father, comedianChris Elliott, and uncle Steve Higgins have worked on the late-night comedy sketch show. "I mean, it's wild," Abby said, while promoting the fourth and final season ofThe Bear. "Yes. [Higgins is] my mom's sister's husband," she explained. "I mean, something in the Niedert women. I mean, they must just like funny men." Chris, 65, got his big break appearing onLate Night With David Lettermanin the early '90s. He then joinedSNLin 1994 for a year, appearing in various roles on the late-night comedy sketch show. He also appeared inSchitt's Creek,How I Met Your Motherthe 1993 classic comedy filmGroundhog Day. The 61-year-old Emmy-winning writer and producer is also the announcer forThe Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallonand previously announced onLate Night with Jimmy Fallon, perNBC. Additionally, Higgins' son, John, who is also Abby's cousin, is currently a part ofSNL's Please Don't Destroy comedy trio. Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Stephen Lovekin/Getty "Are Thanksgivings wild? Is it like, 'All right, stop one-upping everyone,'" host Julia Cunningham asked Abby on the show. "Yeah, I mean, we like to party and have fun," she replied. "And it's a time where no one's trying to, you know, do bits 'cause it's like chill time … but we dance. We have dance parties." "You see labor depicted in TV and movies and it's like screaming and it's all about the baby and, 'Oh, it hurts. The ring of fire,' and when I read the script, I was like, 'Oh my god, this has nothing to do with the labor,'" she said. "It's this backdrop for what is happening between these two characters and ... [Natalie] desperately needing Donna and Donna needing to be there so badly … and wrestling with that," Abby explained. "I'm in excruciating pain physically and then that stops and then I'm like, she tells me I have my dad's a-- and I'm in excruciating pain emotionally because it brings me back to Donna being Donna when I was a kid and these patterns don't change." The Bearreturns for its fourth season on Hulu on June 25. Read the original article onPeople

Post a Comment

0 Comments